QUINTA DO LAGO 2021 BREAKS OFFER GOLFERS THE BENEFITS OF NATURE
Enjoy savings of 21% on stays of two nights or more
After all the stresses of the Covid pandemic, who isn’t dreaming of their next summer holiday and Quinta do Lago is teeing up a treat for golfers and families in 2021, including savings of 21 per cent on breaks of two nights or more at the luxury Portuguese resort this year.
Europe’s premier golf, leisure and lifestyle family resort is offering an array of discounts when staying at its boutique The Magnolia Hotel over the coming months including Easter and summer, with reductions of more than a fifth on short-term stays.
Savings of up to 30 per cent on holidays of two weeks or more are also available while guests will have complete peace of mind when they book, with Quinta do Lago’s ‘Flexi-booking’ option offering guests the opportunity to change their booking to another date within a 12-month period without any charge.
Taking time out to relax in natural surroundings has never been more important following an extended period of lockdowns. Nestled within the privacy and security of the Algarve’s Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, Quinta do Lago is the ideal place to unwind, with its five-star facilities including three 18-hole championship golf courses, a premier sports hub, a golden sandy beach and a plethora of first-class bars and restaurants.
The resort’s relaxed vibe extends to its boutique Magnolia Hotel, with facilities including a saltwater pool, colourful restaurant and cocktail bar, cinema, gym and spa, plus a schedule of iconic poolside events to keep guests of all ages entertained.
Bed-and-breakfast breaks of two nights or more start from €77 per night for a double room while the resort’s extended holiday packages, which are perfect for families and are bookable throughout 2021 except July and August, cost from €68 per night staying in one of The Magnolia Hotel’s vintage-cabin style cottages.
A range of attractive three, five and seven-night golf stay-and-play packages are also available at the Magnolia Hotel, which also feature the resort’s ‘Flexi-booking’ option.
Located just 15 minutes away from Faro airport, Quinta do Lago is regarded as Europe’s premier golf and lifestyle resort and was one of the first to be awarded Clean & Safe approval by the Portugal Tourist Board after the Covid-19 lockdown.
The award-winning venue boasts a combination of world-class golf and lifestyle facilities and has invested a further €7m in a recent golf-course improvement programme, including a major overhaul of its famous South Course and the reopening of its main golf clubhouse following a modern and sophisticated makeover.
As well as three renowned golf courses – the North, South and Laranjal – and outstanding practice facilities, guests can stay in shape at The Campus, a world-class sports hub designed for professionals and amateurs alike to keep fit.
Complementing the facilities is a choice of 12 first-class bars and restaurants that deliver a range of delicious world cuisines, including the acclaimed Bovino Steakhouse and recently-opened Dano’s Sports Bar & Restaurant, and accommodation at the boutique The Magnolia Hotel.
For more information about Quinta do Lago’s 2021 offer and to book, go to https://www.themagnoliahotelqdl.com/special-offers/21-off-for-2021
Information for journalists
Issued by Azalea. For more information on Quinta do Lago or images contact Pete Simm on 01730 711920, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quinta do Lago
Since its inception in 1972, Quinta do Lago has been at the forefront of international golf, hosting eight Portuguese Opens as well as numerous other international tournaments. Home to three world-class golf courses, the resort also boasts a wealth of cutting-edge practice facilities.
- Quinta do Lago North Course – Opening in October 2014, the totally revamped North Course has been redeveloped by renowned American golf architect Beau Welling in close collaboration with 2014 European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley and is set to become one of the new stars of European golf. The new layout has been built to the highest specifications with a €9.6m investment programme and has been redeveloped with the emphasis firmly on precision and strategy. While many modern-day developments tend to focus on length, Welling and McGinley have been keen to design a golfing experience where accuracy and course management are the key factors, and a course that is playable and fun for golfers of all abilities.
- Quinta do Lago South Course – A favourite among European Tour professionals, the South Course calls for accurate drives and precise shots, but rewards players for their efforts with the stunning backdrop of the Ria Formosa Natural Park. Regularly included in Golf World magazine’s ‘Top 100 Golf Courses in Europe’, the par-72 layout has received widespread praise for its strategically-placed hazards and varying difficulty across the 18 holes. Having hosted the Portuguese Open on no fewer than eight occasions, the South Course is regarded as one of Portugal’s premier golfing venues.
- Laranjal – Designed by Jorge Santana da Silva in the grounds of an orange grove, the par-72 course was named as Portugal’s Best Golf Course 2011 at the Portuguese Travel Awards, and poses serious tests for players of all abilities. Opened in 2008, Laranjal offers a pure golfing experience right next to the Quinta do Lago estate and features fairways sown with Bermuda grass, providing a challenging playing environment in a picture-perfect setting.
- Paul McGinley Academy – Quinta do Lago is home to the only Paul McGinley Academy in the world, founded in October 2011 by Europe’s 2014 Ryder Cup captain. With a strong involvement from McGinley himself, who is a regular visitor to the resort, the academy aims to cultivate and improve golfers’ play by providing them with the tools and techniques used on the professional Tours. The academy focuses especially on younger players, working in collaboration with local schools and is the perfect way to follow in the footsteps of the pros.
- TaylorMade Performance Center – Quinta do Lago’s TaylorMade Performance Centre is the only facility of its kind in Portugal and is located on the resort’s expansive driving range. Opened in May 2013, the centre is operated by trained TaylorMade technicians, offering golfers a custom-fitting experience testing hundreds of club and iron options, ensuring the best combination for every player’s swing. It also has a fully equipped Tour standard workshop and utilises FlightScope X2 radar technology to measure the entire flight of the ball from impact to landing whilst displaying its 3D trajectory in real time.
Set amongst 2,000 acres of the picturesque Ria Formosa Natural Park and located just 15 minutes from Faro airport, Quinta do Lago offers residents and guests an unparalleled location benefiting from a year-round temperate climate, a variety of lifestyle pursuits and a strong sense of community.
For more information on Quinta do Lago and its facilities, call + 351 289 390 700 or visit www.quintadolago.com
North Course 18th hole – resized.jpg
Ria Formosa Natural Park.jpg